Saturday, December 2, 2017

Reading Notes (Extra Credit): Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) Part A

For this extra credit reading I took it upon myself to read out of the Grimm Brothers Children's and Household Tales. This particular translation was done by Ashliman. The story I took most interest in was the one called "Little Red Cap". This is all too familiar with the story of Little Red Riding Hood. In this rendition almost everything was exact as the story I heard growing up and continue to hear. These are, however, minor detail changes here and there because of course this isn't the American version, instead it is the European one. In both versions the Wolf is the main villain and he is seen as the one who tries to eat Little Red Riding Hood. In my rendition I would turn it around. I know there are multiple versions of this story, even the one that I'm suggesting but this version will be told in my own voice. The Wolf would be the victim instead of the villain and the Little Red Riding Hood would be the antagonist. However, I might have to change the actual character of the Little Red Riding Hood to someone who is more villain like.  

Brothers Grimm by Ashliman, link to online reading

(Little Red Riding Hood & Wolf, Source: Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment